CLASSES TO MOVE YOU!
Hand Bell Classes. Wednesday 4:45 to 5:45 pm. Cost $1.00/ class. No musical experience necessary as long as you can count to 4! We have a great music teacher.
Yoga Classes. Friday 9:00 to 10:00 am. Cost $6.00/ class. Easy yoga for seniors to promote better flexibility and balance in a fun environment. Yoga promotes good bone health and keeps the mind sharp. It gives the benefits of movement without the strain.
Line Dancing Classes. Monday 6:00 to 7:00 pm. Cost $2.00/ class. Primarily laughter and then exercise. Our instructor will guide you through the different steps coordinating into one dance. Line Dancing has great health benefits;
- Cardiovascular, strength and flexibility become better.
- High blood pressure, cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels, as well as high blood sugar levels can all improve.
- Coordination improves. Bone strength can increase; bone loss can be stopped or slowed down.
- Help with weight control – half and hour of continuous line dancing can burn an average of 300 calories.
- Your sense of well-being and the camaraderie you have with the other dancers is wonderful for your health.
Art Classes. Tuesdays 10:30 – 12:30 pm and 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Classes are limited to 12 people to facilitate lots of one on one with the instructor. Lori Lukasewich has painted seriously since 1984. Her work is many public and private collections. Visit her website. We dabble in every kind of medium from pencil to water colour, acrylics to oil.
Check dates on the calendar